I’m a Knicks fan. No breaking news there. We got Melo. We have Lin-sanity. Now we have J.R. “I’m a nigga just like you” Smith. I’ll probably curse him out by screaming at my television or on twitter but realistically he’s better than Howard Eisley, Shannon Anderson, Chris Duhon, Larry Hughes & you get the idea. However, I feel it’s my responsibility to give young J.R. a few rules & regulations for being a Knick in NY. So here we go.
1. Do not go to Greenhouse after losses. We’re not trying to see you poppin bottles putting urban models in cabs after you go 2-17 from the field.
2. Stay away from any establishment DJ Clue is promoting & definitely stay away from @NYSAnimal table in VIP, you can’t keep up with them & you will be in central bookings.
3. Paparazzi is for real in New York, this isn’t Denver. Be mindful of what you say. So tossing it up is frowned upon, you’re a public figure in the biggest media market in the world. Be mature.
4. Don’t go to Staten Island. We don’t recognize them as a borough; they’re just where we dump our garbage. If you’re on Staten Island I’ll be forced to assume you were catching licks. All bad.
5. When being interviewed stay away from the terms “At the end of the day” & “I do it for my hood/community”. I get it, you’re down with Young Money, cool but you are not a rapper.
6. Speaking of rappers. You’re already playing with the fire known as Joe Budden. Don’t do it to yourself, he has a cult following, especially on the internet. You won’t win that battle. So any & all pictures “she” sends to you, feel free to forward them to me for safe keeping.
7. Stop drinking Hennessey. You just thought “how he know I drink Henrock?” you have that savage look to you. I see yellow in your eyes fam, cool out. No matter how much you have convinced yourself, Hennessey is not brown Gatorade.
8. New York. Specifically Brooklyn runs twitter. Don’t go against the grain, follow suit, fall in line or else it might get ugly for you on there. Not a threat, just some friendly advice.
9. Log on NerdAtTheCoolTable.com daily if you want to keep up with everything going on globally that you need to know. Tune into Real Rap Radio every Wednesday 8-10pm on RealRapRadio.com to keep your ear to the streets in a real way.
10. Get familiar with @WinkLoc & @PushOnDemand collectively known as the Bruise Crew and although you have a game on Wednesday, they are headlining a show this Wednesday. The Real is on the Rise at Club Venus in BK(the heart of NYC). Contact @ClearVision_P for more info,
Welcome to New York Earl Smith III. Prosper or else we will boo you the fuck out of our city. Have fun.